Monday, February 15, 2010

#10 If I Told You This Was Killing Me, Would You Stop

Emotion Is Dead by The Juliana Theory is one of the landmark albums of my life. It was the last album I listened to before I left on my mission. One time Charlee Hawkins and I went to see Juliana Theory at Bash on Ash. One of the opening bands was this band called Vendetta Red who were terrible. The singer looked like Peter Frampton. I told him so. He got ticked and told me I looked like an "every other scenester in North America" I laughed in his face because even though I was a stereotype, he looked like Peter Frampton. Digressing, sorry. So they had this T-shirt at their merch booth that had a picture of a hand with its in index finger chopped off. Charlee had just had her surgery removing the index finger a few weeks before. After some coaxing I got her to go up to the merch guy and say "If I have nine fingers, can I have that shirt?" He replied that he would be willing to make that trade. She showed the goods and he gave her the shirt.

That's a story that has nothing to do with The Juliana Theory, but it is still a good story.

The Juliana Theory- If I Told You This Was Killing Me, Would You Stop

No comments:

Post a Comment